Men’s Homeless World Cup Tournament Format
Women’s Homeless World Cup Tournament Format
HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED
The Homeless World Cup football tournament has its own special rules.
The fast-paced games are 4-a-side and played in two halves of seven minutes each, with a one minute break for halftime. Women’s and men’s teams compete for separate cups—however women can play on the men’s teams. Each team consists of up to eight players, four of which—three field players and one goalie—are on the court at a time.
• Players can only compete in a single Homeless World Cup tournament.
• During tournament play, winning teams receive three points; losing teams receive none.
• There are no ties; if a match ends in a draw, it is decided by a sudden-death penalty shootout.
• In matches decided by a penalty shootout, the winning team gets two points and the losing team gets one point.
• The pitch is 22 meters long by 16 meters wide. The goal is four meters wide by 1.3 meters tall. The penalty area is a four meter half circle.
• A size five ball is used